November 15, 2020CBD Recipes
Holmes Organics offers our CBD in a variety of options to best meet your needs, and we are soon to be certified organic! Our gummies and softgel capsules are the most convenient option, but our oil tincture is the most versatile. You can add it to food, beverages, skincare, and beauty products—or use it to make your own DIY products. Here is a fast and easy recipe for DIY CBD butter.
Why Cook With CBD Oil?
As you determine your ideal daily CBD dosage to soothe your mind and body, you may be looking for alternatives to topicals, softgels, and gummies. If you cook with butter daily or add butter to your bulletproof coffee you can increase your CBD with the foods you eat and the beverages you drink. Hemp-derived CBD takes a bit longer to absorb when consumed so plan accordingly.
CBD Oil-Infused Butter Recipe
This recipe won’t impact the shelf life of your butter and it’s fast and easy to make. Infusing your butter with CBD will change the flavor profile a bit, but you won’t notice it in most recipes.
- Chop the butter into half-inch sections and add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Place a candy thermometer in the saucepan to ensure the temperature never rises above 200 degrees
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours, stirring gently every 30 minutes with a metal spoon.
- You’ll know your recipe is complete when the water cooks off and the butter thickens and becomes glossy and dense.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Before it solidifies, transfer it to an airtight container. If using glass, ensure the butter has cooled to the point that it is comfortable to touch.
- Refrigerate and give it at least 2 hours to solidify.
Can You Use This Recipe For Margarine Or Other Oils?
CBD only infuses with high-fat foods, so this recipe won’t work with margarine. Not to worry as you can sprinkle it directly on top of the foods you eat once cooking is complete. However, you can infuse pure and virgin oils such as coconut, olive, or avocado with CBD. Just place the oil in a blender and blend in your desired amount of CBD.
You can drizzle CBD oil on top of any food or shake, blend, or whip it into any beverage, sauce, or salad dressing.