Apply for this Job
Piston Pete’s, San Diego’s newest craft beer brand, has immediate openings in Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties for experienced and self-motivated sales representatives who are ready to “crush it” and succeed in a big way!
Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a true passion for the craft beer industry as well as motorsports. In this fun, dynamic position, you will be a multi-faceted ambassador for our beer, build and maintain professional sales relationships with retailers and become a champion for the brand in the marketplace.
- Achieve specified account sales goals for your territory
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within your specific sales area
- Prospect new accounts
- Organize an efficient daily route to ensure a productive workday
- Maximize our position and merchandising at each account
- Communicate with retail accounts regarding brands, pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Become acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in your territory
- Work with retailers on a weekly basis, plan/attend promos/staff trainings, land new package and draft placements at customers.
- Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts per day
- Availability and willingness to work in the market some weeknights and weekends
- Conduct on-premise educations, beer tastings, evening promotions and beer festivals
- Help at all our events
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at key retailers (Walmart, BevMo, Target, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Supermarkets, etc.) by being recognized as one of the retailer’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of both Piston Pete’s and retailers businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at retailers, such as the GM, Assistant GM, supervisors, receiving / operations manager, and others
- Be competent / learn of premise on-spot orders, point of sale orders, scheduling merchandising account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling retailer feedback.
- Understanding monthly sales goals/reports and scheduling your sale time
- Know pricing of all Piston Pete’s products plus general pricing/knowledge of top five craft competitors in market
- Develop sales area target lists
- Partner with retailer to ensure orders are placed, products are received, business is growing at accounts and product freshness is maintained
- Love of Craft Beer
- Desire to build a career in Craft Beer/beverage sales and grow into management
- Passion for Motorsports
- Reside in San Diego County, Orange County, Riverside County, or San Bernardino County
- 1-2 years minimum of beverage-related sales experience
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to drive their own business
- Great judgment and professional maturity, especially involving alcohol
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of retailer operations, on-premise and off-premise operations
- Must be able to travel in your county and beyond
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
- Computer competence in at least Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Administrative ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily email responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- General knowledge of brewing process
- General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft breweries in USA
- Ability to lift and move kegs and cases of beer frequently, at least up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb, kneel and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
- Clean driving record (DMV records checks will be performed on candidates)
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Apply for this Job