“CBD” signs have been put up at a lot of businesses recently. But what is this CBD craze?
Here are five things you need to know about CBD.
- What is it? According to a Harvard Medical School article, CBD otherwise known as cannabidiol, is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis. While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant.
- The legality of CBD is probably on your mind. Well, it’s legal in all 50 states as long as there isn’t more than 0.3% Delta 9 THC –––the chemical that gets users high, according to FDA.
- CBD does not get you high. A lot of patients use CBD for anxiety, pain, and stress. CBD is not intoxicating or anxiety inducing like THC, so people are able to go on about their day without feeling too intoxicated to function. For more information on the benefits of CBD, click here.
- How do you use CBD? CBD can be smoked, infused into lotions, oils, foods and more. For more information on how to use CDC, you can check out this blog post.
- Where do I buy CBD? CBD can be bought at local smoke shops, gas stations, and online just by a quick google search of CBD flower or CBD products. Local places include Williamsburg Tobacco, Tabb Tobacco, iVape and more.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
Always be informed. Click here to get the latest news and information delivered to your inbox