Twitch Prime, Amazon Prime’s program for anyone who enjoys playing or watching games, needs a strong technical leader to build our next generation offerings. If you love games and can lead a tech team well, read on! Be a hero to the billions of game players worldwide by bringing them new waves of loot and fresh experiences. Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to deliver joy to Prime members through game content from upcoming and popular video games around the world.
Twitch Prime is looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Software Development Manager. As a Software Development Manager (SDM) on Twitch Prime’s fast growing Customer Experience (CX) team, you will lead a team focused on building the discovery of Twitch Prime’s benefits across multiple surfaces (Twitch, TwitchPrime.com, Amazon.com) on both mobile web and desktop. You will help influence the team’s business/technical strategy, set engineering excellence standards, and help maintain highly reliable live services. You will work closely with your team to identify and solve ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your teams services could improve related customer experiences.
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Twitch Prime a home for all gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender, and nationality.
The leader in this role will lead and mentor their team and drive the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of technologies to support our goals (specific focus on account and account management). You’re results-oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you. All while having fun.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills, the business savvy, and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
- Oversee the management of a team of engineers to plan, design, and deliver complex systems
- Keep the development team deeply connected to goals by broadcasting customer needs, customer feedback, product roadmaps, and product KPIs
- Be passionate about forming and maintaining a highly effective team; both from hiring and developing others
- Have strong product and project management skills
- Be a champion for operational excellence: insisting on the highest standards and continuous improvements
- Work closely with engineers to drive architecture and develop the best technical design
- Collaborate on product road-mapping, project planning and consistently deliver against plans
- Drive clarity on requirements and align on technical vision and execution
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Regularly report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
- Review technical deliverables to provide detailed feedback
- Create and communicate a clear and concise vision to promote team autonomy and focus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 1+ years managing engineering teams developing customer software product and services
- An MBA and/or a degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer is a huge plus
- 1+ years of Product Management (tech) experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Track record for being detail-oriented, self-motivated, and having strong follow-through from start to finish
- Experience partnering with product/program management teams
- Experience hiring and developing software engineers
- Experience in software development (design, implementation, and live management)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; both technical and non-technical
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.